1.23.2009

The Bachelor and The Tube Top


Finally, I found a reason to be grateful that the Lord did not see fit to bless me with a daughter.  If I had a daughter, she might someday be a contestant on the Bachelor! Do I need to elaborate on the twisted sickness of having all those women in ONE house fawning over ONE man?!?!? Wow. If your children are sweet and adorable toddlers, you might still be reciting the mantra, "MY daughter would never..." sshh-Yeah. The scales have fallen from my eyes, friends, and now Dear Husband and I know for sure that the children will do what they will do as soon as they are able. I like what Brad Bigney says about this in his sorta-recent parenting series entitled - Myth: A Godly Home Guarantees Godly Kids  . Look at 2008 sermons, July and August. Looks like it's a five part series.

The other thing that makes me grateful to not  have a daughter? The re-occurring popularity of the tube top.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. Makes me nervous to have two daughters and maybe another on the way. I expect to have many arguments similar to the ones I had with my parents over the current-day version of the bodysuits and bikinis that I wasn't allowed to wear. Especially when I was able to dig up 60's and 70's pictures of my mom wearing the kinds of clothes they wouldn't let me wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt looks like some kind of strange twisted cake!
    And I'm sorry to break it to you but did you know there is a bachlorette where tons of boys live in a house and fight over one bratty girl? It's true. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless all you moms with beautiful daughters! You know I'm just jealous...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!