1.14.2009

A Favorite Photo - With Notes

I love this photo! Found it the other day when I was browsing the files of scanned photos to add to a genealogy page that Steve's side of the family has been adding to this year. Can't believe I didn't notice it before. It was taken in the Smoky Mountains while wading in a mountain stream.  My Youngest Son is running, arms outstretched, to My Wonderful Husband. So special!

January 16 -
The more I look at it, the more it reminds me of a joyful return. Will it be like this when we finally get there and meet the Lord face to face? I wish that great meeting to be filled with joy and outstretched arms like this photo! The best scripture I could find to go with that was Isaiah 35:10 -
"...and the ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; 
       everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, 
       and sorrow and sighing will flee away."


The photo also reminds me of joyful reunion, maybe in the vein of the Prodigal Son. How wonderful to see (or to be) the wayward soul who runs back into the arms of his savior! So how about Luke 15:20 -
"So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him."

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Well I never imagined that so many people have had the same dream of finding another room. How funny.
    This is my scripture suggestion for this picture.

    Proverbs 3:11-13

    11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

    12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

    13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

    I do not know, maybe not the last verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Blog!!!!
    Thanks for taking care of our memories!
    I love to read your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary Jane, for helping with scripture suggestions! I've been pondering it for days!

    And thanks to you, Wonderful! (Husband)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to my blog this morning, and what did I find to greet me? You following my blog, how nice of you!

    I love the scripture you choose for your picture! This photo really does show such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is this picture?????? I love it! It's for reasons like this that my camera is attached to my hip...I don't want to miss out on capturing such precious moments!!!

    Great analogy...I look forward to the day that I will run to my Savior like this.

    Courtney (and thanks for following my blog! I feel so honored!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!