1.03.2009

Last Sweets in the House

These are NOT extremely flat biscuits, as you might be thinking. They are glorious sugar cookies that I cut with a biscuit cutter which has wonderful flute-y edges. (I have the best recipe in the entire world. Let me know if you want it.) They made nice-looking Christmas balls, I think. There's hardly anything more calming and therapeutic than rolling and cutting Christmas sugar cookies....even if it is after Christmas.

And icing them, well, I do love that. The big icing bag was not necessary this year; I used  a ziplock bag with a tiny hole in one bottom corner. Yeah - I hate cleaning out the icing bag! I stayed in my pajamas and did these on New Year's Eve day. What extravagant luxury! 
Now, how can I behave properly in January with these in the house??? But they are too precious to just dump!  If any of you lived within walking distance, I'd leave them on your doorstep, in a lovely tin. True friends share their calories! (Especially in January!)

Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them...
1 Corinthians 6:13a

4 comments:

  1. Oh, MY! How talented are you?!!! Those look delectable! I'm so impressed. :)

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. sugar cookies are the hardest part of the festivities to see go. I want to make some just looking at yours and yes I would love your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Martha Stewart had NOTHING on you!!! Those are beautiful!! I love making sugar cookies also....'cept mine aren't that pretty....but they are good!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love meeting new people.....have a blessed evening!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!