1.26.2009

Prayer Crutch


I wish I was more spiritually disciplined. No godly-abs-of-steel over here, hate to say it. I've gone through times of intense prayer, and even fasting for one or another of my boys when a crunch is on, but I am secretly shamed when I hear Better Moms talk about wearing out their knees in daily prayer for their children. (sigh - a big one - puff your bangs strongly upward at least once - make it a long one if you empathize with me) So I've had to build myself some crutches. Best crutch yet - this prayer picture. When I fold laundry, I'm usually at the top of the stairs where this photo rests in a windowsill. While I'm down on my knees up there, no admiration - there's no place to sit, I use this photo as a prayer prompt. My Dear Sons look so sweet in this photo that it seems to help me forget what they may have done more recently and focus on prayer for their hearts, for their desires, for their tendencies, for their future and present work...and so on until the towels are all folded! 

I'm working on placing more prayer crutches around the house where chore work is focused, since I seem to be somewhat focused on chores. 

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea!!! Love it!

    Hey...just got back from FL last night with my hubby and got your comment on my blog asking for the link to the Blurb post. Here it is!

    http://courtneyandtheboys.blogspot.com/2008/12/grand-idea.html

    If you can't read that, send me an email at courtanddev@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to resend it...I couldn't find your email anywhere!

    Have a great day! :)

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I spend a lot of time in my kitchen and think I will even write a prayer list on the chalkboard, there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!