2.25.2009

Heavenly Skies


This picture was taken a few summers ago on the Hilton Head beach just at sunset. I like sunset photos more than sunrise photos - hmmm.... 
My Three Boys are there in the surf, just in the center. Love them boys! Anyway, I do have a fascination with the sky. I find myself looking up, scanning, commenting about it to the carload as we're driving. Can't help it, beautiful skies always makes me think about heaven! "I'll be up there someday," I always say, in hopes that this will be something the Boys will remember that I always said. (There's a list.) Some days I want to be up there more than others...

Last year, a visiting missionary shared the Joy in Heaven website. As he spoke, the audience watched the website, onscreen, display decisions for Christ as they are made around the world. It was amazing!! At home, we've all sat around and watched the globe turn as people accept Jesus world wide. Once at a family gathering, the whole extended family crowded around the computer moniter to watch! Watch 15 minutes of the Joy in Heaven website = Bible Class and Geography Class!

Another related website: For anyone who wants to Discover God. Last one - click here to listen to "What I Love About Heaven", a great sermon by James MacDonald framed as a travel brochure on Heaven as your final destination! I love hearing what Heaven's going to be like! For part two, click here. (Sermons after introductory remarks by Dobson. Be patient - the sermons are worth it; or just click and drag the audio curser past the opening remarks.) I've "made" our kids listen to these so they will have something to really hope for, look forward to, live toward.  


"I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!