2.23.2009

New Direction

fI'm working on some new things! These new ideas are causing me to take EXTRA long, hot showers - where ideas flow freely, of course. No one else in there  asking questions or demanding any attention. Can't hear the phone, or any bickering...actual physical fighting can be heard, unfortunately, and then all my thoughts roll down the drain.  Hate that.

Mom Among Men - I'm going to start adding posts regarding being the only female in a house of males, specifically teenage sons. It's obvious from reading other people's blogs that so many good things are shared among the blogging community. Encouragement, admonishment, advice, warnings - rich treasures! While I've gained so much (and thank you!), I've had a hard time finding other moms, like me, whose sons have stopped playing with Legos and have moved on to other interests. Sure would like some of those wonderful treasures to come my way fit for the season I'm in right now! If I can't find it, I'm going to try to coax it out by putting my own "stuff" out there and hoping to find other moms in my situation who will comment/join in. Thoughts or advice welcome.

Etsy - I'm trying to work my way through setting up an Etsy shop. For a while, my mom and I partnered to make aprons and even made enough for showing in craft shows. I've got a boat-load up there just taking up space. I'd also like to add some fun "junk" finds that will qualify as "vintage" according to the specs on the Etsy website. Thoughts or advice always welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Oh fun! Let me know when you set up shop. I bought one of your aprons for my mother-in-law once and it turned out to be even cooler than I thought. It was made from an old dish towel that was exactly the same as the kind she had when she first got married, more than 35 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you should visit my house sometime. You would love all my crystal knobs that are a little cantankerous sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat is that - the same one she set up housekeeping with?? That's a blessing for her!

    You have a special house if it has crystal doorknobs...

    s

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!