4.29.2009

Glass Jar Vases - Lilac

My small kitchen has a large window that looks out on the backyard. It has a nice roomy sill that happily holds glass jars. Did I mention that I'm a glass jar freak? Yes, feel free to save them  after they are empty of pickles, olives, pizza sauce or dried beef - and bring them to me! One of the best uses for these is a new career as (very) casual flower vases. I put a bunch out on the sill in the spring, then keep them filled through the growing season with whatever is in bloom.  Today, I'm enjoying some old-fashioned lilac in my window!
To peek into other people's lives with just one look at a blog photo, visit Seven Clown Circus for Wordful Wednesday!

11 comments:

  1. http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.comWednesday, April 29, 2009 at 11:18:00 AM EDT

    I love your blog, the flowers are wonderful.
    I saw you ?? someplace, forgot right now. I am a new blogger and I am hosting a giveaway.
    I am an artist in California
    http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A glass jar idea that I pulled off and looked wonderful: wrap tissue paper ($5 for 100 multi-colored sheets at Hobby Lobby) around mason jars and secure with rubber band. Put in tea light ($4 for 50 unscented at Hobby Lobby). Hang in trees. Light. Have friends over.

    It takes a long time to put them together, but because I have so many mason jars I just left the tissue paper on and use them again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even thought of saving jars for that purpose, tho I've seen it a million times. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can smell the lilac just looking at your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First-thank you for finding my blog! I am so glad you stopped by, and thank you-I am grabbing your button...I love that!
    I adore lilacs-mine haven't bloomed, but as soon as they do-I am doing what you did...I do every year. They are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like glass jars too but it seems like they suddenly start to take over my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love lilacs!!!!

    And just to clarify...that wasn't my child licking the pig. It was a pic that was forwarded to me in an email yesterday. I guess I should write that disclaimer in my post... :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!