5.08.2009

Super for a Day

Some days all  I get done is the home schooling, treadmill, some cleaning, a little laundry - the usual. It seems like I don't have time to get anything extra accomplished!  Like open that Etsy shop...

Anyway, yesterday I had an 8:30 a.m. appointment with my rheumatologist - I had to leave the house by 8:00 to make it on time. Didn't have to get up any earlier than usual, since I'm up at 6:30 getting My Oldest off to high school. Since I was out and finished by 9:30, I stopped by Old Time Pottery to hunt for something to make my bed "new" without going all the way and buying an entirely new bedding set.  I found these colored pillowcases ($13) to add a boost to the fluffiness factor, and two shiny silk pillows ($16 - a splurge) for some ooo-la-la!  I think that might be French...  Stopped at Sam's real quick and got supplies for - - -
THESE!  Started dipping berries after dressing my bed with ooo-la-la and prompting the progress of my diligent (!) students. They ended up helping dip these practice batch of berries.  Tomorrow morning I'll be dipping 8 pounds of berries for my father and mother-in-law's 50th wedding anniversary party.  Hope I can be finished by  noon! (biting nails...) But don't they look Awesome!  And they do taste divine! I'm trying to figure out how to embellish them with some white chocolate swirls, or maybe a tiny "50th" icing-ed on to just a few. Maybe if I use that icing that turns rock hard after setting?  hmmm  (more nail biting...) I'd appreciate any tips on this process.

Can you believe that in the midst of all that, I turned out this pan of yeast rolls?  Yes, I've put my cape on and I feel the breeze now! I was a super-hero yesterday!!! The boys were laughing at me as I put the pan in the middle of the schoolbooks and took this photo. OK, the breeze in my cape is a little less as I confess that these are made from frozen bread dough. Gosh! All you 'real' bread people kill me with your yeast packets! ugh! But getting fresh bread AND lessons finished - just amazing in my world!

And that's not all folks!  I left for a research study on cleaning products (ha) at 5:00, having prepared a full meal for the family, got $50 cash at the end of the study, went straight out to buy annual flowers for my planters, and (panting for breath) .... went to meet my Domino Pals! Where I almost won and ate too many Milano cookies - yum.  oops

You might want to touch my cape  ....   




1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!