5.19.2009

Tough and Fluff


This photo is so interesting to me as a Mom Among Men. Look at My Youngest's hand. It's all scratched up and ... (ahem) ... yes, dirty. OK, not filthy, but let's say used. He's running through our backyard to show me this bit of fluff he found flying low on the spring air. Even tough, scratched, dirty boys are mesmerized by a bit of light fluff floating by. Enough to chase it down and catch it. 

He'll be ten years old next month. His older, teenage brothers have stopped being diverted by bits of natural fluff in the air, and instead are now stopped short by lovely young ladies. And if these godly young women happen to be wearing a bit of fluff as trimming on their modest outfits - - - all the better! Things don't seem to change as boys grow older; things just seem to evolve to another level. I did prefer the lower levels ...

For more photos with lots of words, visit Angie's Wordful Wednesdays!

9 comments:

  1. Kids' wonderment is the most precious thing in the world!!

    Come see my W W if you have some time today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great picture you shared! I know exactly what you mean about the whole teenager thing...my oldest daughter is 17. It's a never-ending drama around our house anymore! Have a great WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for coming by my blog... I have enjoyed taking a peek at yours and reading through your posts. There is an awesome blog/website that has tons of handwritten fonts and directions to adding them to your blog. Best news is that they are allllll free.
    http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I am loving your book list on your profile page... Corrie Ten Boom and Randy Alcorn- great authors and really remarkable soldiers for the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. I'm not ready for the levels you've entered. Not in the least. I'll continue to soak up monster trucks and superheroes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool photo! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you liked my banner. Now I'll have to come back and check your blog out some more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have a long way to go before my boy moves up to the next level. At least I hope we have a LONG way to go... :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a good rest-of-the-week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a 5-year-old and a 19-year-old so, I live in both worlds:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!