7.15.2009

The Hunt


Over the weekend, we arranged a scavenger hunt for a picnic our kids were participating in.  I moaned when I found out that Wonderful Husband had volunteered to set up the hunt - I thought we'd have to go to the park, which is some distance away, and spend time finding things for them to find! (I know, I'm so unselfish and giving...) He found one online, copied it, made a document and was all set to go within one hour.  show-off   The kids and adults ran off to search for their items and returned one team at at time to have their finds judged. This is somebody's loot! The zipper bag is for collecting 'animal scat', which all the kids were delighted to be challenged to find - parents were horrified - which delighted the kids even more! Hey, it's part of nature, people! Some teams would NOT collect scat, notice empty bag above, but it didn't count against them. Winners received a $5 gift card to Dairy Queen...YUM

For more Wordful Wednesday photos, go to Angie's Seven Clown Circus!

17 comments:

  1. I have all kinds of poop for your next hunt in my daughters diapers if you need it. :)
    Sound like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Parents were horrified which delighted the kids even more" I miss that kind of fun :-) It's been awhile since I've been on a scavenger hunt myself. I enjoyed reading this post. That's an interesting loot. I would love to to tickle my own cheek with that white feather. Thanks for dropping by, and happy Wedneday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animal scat-that's hilarious! I wouldn't have been horrified, I would have been like, "Hey kids come over to my back yard, there's plenty of dog scat that needs picking up" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun and the prize is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun. Even the idea of collecting animal waste. Cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun! Yay for being able to pull it all together in an hour without having to make the trek to the park beforehand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is so cool that your husband got this all organized!! LOL, I would be thinking like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A scavenger hunt sounds like a great idea!! LMAO @ the animal scat!!!

    Have a great WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These scavenger hunts are good fun for kids, aren't they. And SO much better to pick a ready made one off the Internet! Nice that it was nature based too. I always clean up when I walk the dog but picking up after other dogs...? Not so sure I'd enjoy that!
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A scavenger hunt sounds like great fun! I've never thought of looking for one online. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to doing things like this with my kids when they're older. At the moment, setting them loose in the woods doesn't sound like the best idea...

    ReplyDelete
  12. We run a week of camp in PA for junior high kids each summer (it's in less than two weeks!), but I always find great scavenger hunts with a little help from google search! Looks like fun, and isn't it always true that the grosser the better for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like lots of fun, plus sneaks in some education too.
    The Dairy Queen gift certificates would have motivated me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The words scat and yum in the same paragraph! Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!