8.20.2009

Birthday at Lowe's


This year for my birthday....  This is my first birthday with a blog, so you might be just getting to know that I love my own birthday and must talk about it on and on and on  ...I got to go to Lowe's with my guys and pick out birthday gifts! A few non-plant things, on clearance, found their way into my cart - a plastic gourd birdhouse and a bee windchime with cute bell feet - both of which I eventually put back in favor of all plants. Once these go into the garden, I can enjoy them this fall and they'll be wonderful next spring and summer, too. That's a great thing about gardening with perennials: long-term satisfaction. I got two nice tall daylilies, two large ferns and two small, and three astilbes! The astilbes were 75% off - a major score! Almost everything was on sale, since we're coming to the end of the growing season. A great time to plant!

2 comments:

  1. What fun you now have deciding where to put them and getting them planted!
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. regarding the swap... I don't actually know the names of things... :-) I'll post pictures since I have Kara's camera!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!