10.01.2009

Fair Finds

Here's a little more on the Country Living Fair in Columbus. Because I loved it! So many SIGHTS! I think I might be a little odd, in my craving I have to see new, different, unusual things! Or maybe we're all that way? And this Fair was just jam-packed with something remarkable at every turn of the head. Unusual people, objects, activities!

The Fair was held right next to (?) the Ohio State Fairgrounds in a historic town - Ohio Village. Not only were there wonderful vendors and antique dealers everywhere, you could go into the buildings and experience history through a re-enactor. We visited the Female Seminary and learned all about Victorian tea rules - My Wonderful Husband was fascinated.
This dear woman (below) was one of the park volunteers who assisted in the square dancing. Her tag says "Columbus Bucks and Does"! I thought that was very funny, and thanks to the zoom on my new camera, I could get this photo without embarrassing either of us. Or my Husband!
She wasn't dancing, but the other Bucks and Does were helping volunteers through a round of square dancing. You know I begged Husband to play square dancing with me and the Bucks and Does- but he was a brick wall.
no way
My man has his limits - no square dancing and no charades at parties.
But here's a little of it for you to enjoy.

I greatly desired (!) this blue sewing basket still jammed with its original goodies. Bought it with my camera -

Of course, hats were everywhere! I thought this one was particularly "special".
I love hat events!

The Village had a garden. Every plant was from heirloom seed, having been preserved through generations. How cool is that! I did manage to frustrate (oops) one re-enactor by asking too many questions about that heirloom seed thing. I mean - think about all those plants being grown from seeds originating in the 1800's! I wanted to know more about that, but didn't get very far in finding anything out. The sunflowers bent down to look at us while the garden re-enactor harvested sweet annie.
More fair photos to come!


3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by to visit! I LOVE gardening and it looks like you do too! Your photography is stellar!

    I just had to be witty with Ruby Red. At times I call her Ruby cube!

    I appreciate your visit. Your blog is so happy and bright. A nice place to stop by!

    Will try to stop by more often and see what you and your gardens are up too!

    Love that hat too! Hats are but one of many accessories I adore!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're buying things with your camera! Seems like a good idea to me! Your garden's looking great too - post below - but then I expected that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, Susan! And how neat is that about heirloom seeds? Never heard of such a thing, but then again, I'm not much of a gardener. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!