11.01.2009

Something Looming

Something is following me around. I'm trying not to dwell on my upcoming mammogram, but every now and then, it reaches out to tap me on the shoulder and smile grimly at me from the corners of its eyes by way of reminder. Maybe as I'm picking up the kids from school, getting clothes out of the dryer, or today on the drive to church. My stomach clenches up, and I have to turn my care over to the Lord again. He takes it and reminds me that all my days are written in His book; that His plans for me are to prosper me and not to harm me; that He is willing to be my front and rear guard. The worrying knowledge of the upcoming appointment fades into the background then, and I can continue with my day, or night. Even as I let myself think about it right now, I feel the tension knot in my belly. Wish I could say that I can't wait for it to be over, but I don't even have that! It's just looming out there on Tuesday, and I'd do almost anything to escape having to take this test.

I'm going to keep holding on to the One who is holding on to me.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that an awful, hateful feeling? I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers from now until then; prayers for not only good results, but peace until it is finally over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying all goes well for you with your checkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 4:6

    I'm praying His peace guards your heart and mind during the upcoming days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!