11.17.2009

W.I.F.E.

An interesting conversation had on the way to church, just My Youngest and myself, teens and husband in separate car for (dangerous)driving practice:

Mom, what does 'wife' stand for?

Sorry, what?

What does 'wife' stand for? I know the F stands for female, and the E is for envertebrate, but what about the W and the I? (add the word invertebrate to his spelling/definitions list....)

Hmmm....... How about if you think about it all the way to church, and I'll tell you when we get there? (simply can't resist dragging this conversation all the way out)

OK. W ------- uuummmmm, willing? Yeah, maybe that. I ------- hmmmm......incompetent? Is that it mom, incompetent???

(swerving) Do you know what that means, son?

No, but it sounds like it might be right....

(yes, very possibly right...)

It means useless, not able to perform a job correctly, not skilled....

OOHH. OK, hahahahahahahahaha, then not that, Mom.

I had to give up then and tell him that wife is a word of it's own, not an acronym, WIFE, as he was thinking, like FBI or NASA. He got a huge kick out of the swerve and the new, now never-to-be-forgotten definition of the word incompetent.

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!