1.29.2010

Cleaning the Scooty Seat

There are only a few people who can visit our home, for whom I feel no compulsion to scrub down walls. You know who you are, if you happen to be reading this - :0)
We're having a houseful of wonderful friends/guests tonight - am I not supposed to differentiate? Right now, I'm feeling the pressure that always comes just a few hours before their arrival. I'm SOOO looking forward to the food, the games, the laughter --- but before that, I tend towards a mild freak-out regarding the state of my housecleaning standards. They must be low, very low indeed. I was scrubbing a mark off the wall in the living room, well within the sight of My Oldest, who inquired --- "What are you doing?" Yes, son, I'm cleaning. Some mothers do this all the time, and that must be why you are so puzzled. I know I've discussed bathroom issues here, many times, but specific to visitors and the clean toilet - here. I won't cover that ground again, but I'm going to get close.
We have two, really one and a QUARTER bathrooms in our home. The quarter bathroom is just off our bedroom on the lower level, so it is the one our guests will use while they are here, unless they are very brave and wander upstairs to the larger one. This is risky, since the upstairs bath is the domain of the Men Of The House and it is hard to patrol toilet lids/sides/bowls which tend to be misused by these men. I try, people, but it's difficult to guess what you might find if you trot yourself upstairs to take advantage of the larger bathroom. (Might you peek inside the shower stall??? I know you might --- so it's been bleached, new shower curtain installed and all pink-type growths dispelled. Go ahead, PEEK, already - please peek, so that my efforts are not wasted! Will someone just come over here and peek!?) The quarter bath, which I have just finished cleaning, is very small. This is good, as I can certainly not ever get very fat, since I would lose the use of this room altogether if I did. It is small enough to be able to touch the walls from every direction! I couldn't help but snicker about this particular toilet seat --- it is 'scooty'.


Meaning it slides slightly when you seat yourself. I should fix this for tonight, but I've run out of time while painting stair rails, catching random dust bunnies (on the ceiling - evil creatures), bleaching mildew, and blogging. It is a little but funny, isn't it - I mean that the seat is scooty? How about that the upstairs bathroom has a tricky knob which makes the visitor think themselves possibly stuck for all time? Funny?

I think so.

2 comments:

  1. I rarely clean for myself, other than cleaning up after us and getting rid of immediate messes. Just thinking about a major cleanup--including all those weird things like dirty light switches, marks on the walls, ignored dust bunnies procreating like, well, bunnies behind the furniture--it's enough to send me to my bed with my laptop and a box of chocolates. Which is where I am now. Funny thing, we have people coming by to look at our house, which is on the market. So I guess I should be cleaning....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I only have two guys using the toilet regularly (and one little girl who is still getting the hang of it and surprises me with the messes that I thought only boys could make). I am sure I have no idea what I'm in for in the future with three boys and a husband, but I've already set the back bathroom (next to our little ones' rooms) aside as their bathroom. Eventually. Right now, we all mainly share one because it's more centrally located. Anyway. I hope you enjoyed your company. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!