1.20.2010

Indoor Snow

My paper snowflakes for this year are super snazzy - embellished with quiet white glitter, they sparkle just a little when the light hits them just so. They hang here and there around the downstairs, suspended by clear, nylon thread, swaying gently in the warmer air currents coming from the heat registers.
So even though the snow that we had has melted away, leaving only dreary winter colors outside, these indoor versions cheer us on as we wait for another snowfall. Couldn't resist adding some snowy words this year from old dictionary pages:
I thought about making some extra to sell in the Etsy shop, but by the time I was finished with my own, I was all snowflaked out!

For more Wordful Wednesday photos, go to Angie's Seven Clown Circus!

6 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! Our weather is quite warm here in texas so no snowflakes around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very nice. What do you use to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful! I don't have the patience to make such things, but I'm glad you do so we can look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't made any this year. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely idea for January. I remember making these in school - I'm sure not as elaborate, of course! Here in the UK we tend to decorate with snowflakes at Christmas time and not in January - when we're more likely to get snow! But hey - why not?! They look beautiful.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!