3.14.2010

Altered Eggs Snafu

(Who knew the spelling for that word - snafu???)

I'm calling these 'altered eggs'. They kept me busy during the winter months, when - due to back pain - I had to stand alot.
This hollow egg displays lyrics, composer, and hymnal number from the great invitational song, "Just as I Am".
(click photo for a more close-up view)

The other side has a single leaf from our red maple tree. That makes it even more special, I think. I've got more hymn eggs ("I Need Thee Every Hour", "At The Cross"...) embellished with fern fronds or hydrangea leaves. Also in my stash are eggs covered with vintage dress-pattern tissue, printed pages from seed catalog, toile tissue (in blue), hydrangea petals, and even phone book print - with our name and address among the many, what else?

Thinking I could sell them in my Etsy shop, I made this little moss nest to stage the eggs, got good photos of the Just As I Am egg, but then I got stumped. IF someone wanted to have a few, just in time for Easter, how would I ship them??? They won't fit in the flat fee shipping boxes ... obviously can't use a mailing envelopes ...
Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I would have no idea how to ship, other than a box with lots of foam pellets so they wouldn't break. Good luck. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the UK our eggs come in egg boxes, usually made of chunky cardboard with egg shaped sections. Don't know how you buy them in the states. But if it were me I'd probably use egg boxes and then surround them in a larger box with foam pellets. I know it's a lot of packaging but with something that delicate it's better to be safe. The one shown here is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!