3.10.2011

Thanks, Clive!


We were driving home and listening to the last disc of the the final book in the Chronicles of Narnia - the Last Battle. It's definitely my favorite of the seven stories and just happened to be in the player this afternoon. My Youngest selected the last part of the story to listen to on the drive home. In the story, King Tirian had just fought his last and entered, against his will, the door of the stable, when My Boy reached over to turn it off and say:

"I love, love, love this story! It shows that every single thing in your life all comes down to one decision - everything before and everything after - one decision!"
(me)"Who to serve?"
"YES It's all about that decision. And all of everything is created for Him - all of it!"
(rough description of the conversation, since I was saying to myself, "Remember this, remember this...")

Thank you C. S. Lewis.
I want to give that man a big ol' hug when I get Over There! The impact of his Chronicles on each of my boys is invaluable. I'm not exactly sure how this particular bit of revelation was gleaned from the story by the my Last Son, but I have learned not to question the Holy Spirit when He clearly speaks or moves in the life of one of my men.

I can just stand in fervent gratitude that He is moving in their hearts. It is His work to call them, pursue them and win them. My work is to point the way.
So glad Clive is helping me point!


1 comment:

  1. Ill give you the chronicles of narnia but I am STRUGLING through Mere Christianity, its sooo boring! I realize I am in the minority here. Oh and Joe and I went to Waynesville with Laura (Roessler)and her husband Paul and we talked about how to properly walk through the Antique stores and we did a REALLY good job. Joe and I have some great pictures to share with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!