4.25.2013

Warm Blossoms


Today I saw this as I was sending another one of my men out the front door and into their world.
Brand new sunbeams on apple blossoms - what!
I pointed it out, and the dear man nodded and made appreciative sounds, 
but his mind was already racing away and ahead to all that he would begin as he stepped outside.
 Having the great privilege of remaining in pajama pants for at least another ...
for as long as I want, I went to find the camera. 
Husband says that these trees are quite old, and that they won't last but another 
couple of years - that this might be, in fact, their last bloom. When we moved here, there
was a small grove of six, and now only two remain, and those with hollow spots and
(gasp!)  recent tomahawk wounds. 
The sun was just coming up over the tree line to meet the creamy pink blooms.
There was a frost here last night, so the rest of the yard is in frosty grey, while
these are transformed with buttery warmth. 

Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Faithfulness springs up from the ground, and righteousness  looks down from the sky.
Yes, the Lord will give what is good, and our land will yield its increase.




1 comment:

  1. i would love to see your yard sometime...just sayin. i always want to see that point in your photos that is just beyond the flowers, where all those trees are. intriguing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!