2.09.2014

A Blue Door and Bora Bora


Shabby Charm
A starred, sky-blue door makes this place seem almost livable, don't you agree?
If I was homeless in Indiana, I'd try to get a spot in here, for sure.
Do you think we'll each be given our own mansion in heaven?
The gospel music of my childhood says "YES! A Mansion Just Over the Hilltop!"

There is debate over the meaning of the word 'mansion' in old King James' translation.
In my opinion, being given a mansion to live in  over there  seems almost contradictory 
to what He's been teaching me while I've been living  over  here.  I'm no Bible scholar, of course, 
but I find rest in the plain-spoken truth of these passages:

Matthew 6:19-21

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal."

John 14:2
"There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you 
that I am going to prepare a place for you?"

We've been getting some clarification on our final destination while reading 
50 Days of Heaven, by Randy Alcorn, a short devotional and biblically anchored. I find that 
my teenaged sons are interested, and that this topic is one they willingly ponder.
And personally, I'm finding that when you know where you're going, it gives a certain order to the rest of life
It all started with a trip to Bora Bora and the Price is Right ---

Game shows are a Snow Day Indulgence around here. (And there have been too many of them!)
I'm a little embarrassed to admit to game show watching, but there it is, out there on the 
internet, and everywhere now. ANYway, a lucky, screaming, flapping woman won a 
'once in a lifetime' trip to Bora Bora and in a flush of pure envy, 
I said to my game-show-couch-pals,  
"If you won a trip like that, it would change how you live. You could be thinking, 
'School stinks, but I'm going to be in Bora Bora in a few months!' " 
We went on about how you would make lists and prepare, planning and plotting your
time in this far-away exotic location, completely free of cost. The adventure! The food! 
The sights to be seen which had never even been imagined! The show closed, and 
we sat there in our snuggies, imagining the wonder and excitement that awaited the Bora Bora lady.

I guess you can take it from there. 
As Christians, we DO have a destination of unimaginable magnitude to look forward to
far beyond anything we could dream up, way better than any trip planned by TPIR staff.
Why is it that I forget to keep an eye on that and let it temper every less than lovely thing
 that is happening right now? 

Hence, the Heaven book - it's like a Divine Destination Brochure

More HERE.

Price Is Right clips here and here ... and one more here.
No extra charge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!