11.26.2008

Hiking the Great Smoky Mountains

On our fall trip to Gatlinburg, we stopped to enjoy a "quiet walkway" - an easy, but lovely walk over a mountain path.  Beautiful, isn't it?

Soon, though, conversation drifted, no matter how hard I tried to bring it back.  It drifted away from birdcalls, tree identification and woodland aroma (tried and true home education topics) - toward....throwing rocks.  Yes.  It could be MUCH worse conversation, believe me, I am not ungrateful.  See below, the rock-throwing conversation begins with something like, "I can hit that tree way over there."  Inevitably, "No, you can't!"  One of them is already in motion to try.
Dear Dad leading the way...
Middle Son trying to top Dad, as ever....


1 comment:

  1. ha! Glad to see that Steve is ever the leader.

    You need daughters-in-law like few women I've ever met. Here's praying that they all marry wonderful women who want a relationship with the mother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!