11.24.2008

REALLY Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie

There was a LOT of teenager drama going on in the house when I was preparing these pumpkin pies for the big Thanksgiving gathering. On one of the pies, I had to crimp the edges twice to get them to be perfectly lovely....OK, to get them to be quite passable. They had the right consistency, baked just fine, and smelled heavenly! I thought how impressed my in-laws would be with my pies!  

Yes, pride DOES go before the fall!  I did not eat my own pie at the Thanksgiving gathering, since there was pumpkin cheesecake to be had - TOO DIVINE! But when I got home, I did have a weensy slice of pie.  First mouthful - UGH!  I knew right away what I had done - no sugar.  How could I forget the sugar???  How could they mix and bake so nicely without all that sugar in them??? Let's just blame it all on those pesky teenagers!

My sister-in-law took home two PLATEFULS of the pie -  told you it did look good!  I called her tonight to let her laugh at me, but they hadn't eaten their pie yet.  They planned to eat it after dinner tonight....I didn't warn her.  She'll find out soon enough.  My mother-in-law, God bless her, ate a piece and didn't say a word!  Thanks, Mom Simpson!

1 comment:

  1. hello there., just dropped by your blog and saw your pumpkin pie. :) Look delicious and healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!