12.03.2008

Finding the Perfect Tree


This is where we always get our Christmas tree!  What fun hunting for the perfect tree....well sometimes not so much fun.  We all have our opinion of what is the "perfect" tree - it really comes down to skinny tree vs. fat tree, doesn't it!?  Of course, I'm in the skinny tree camp.  I'm the only one in that camp.  
I don't approve of the tree that they chose, but was forced to get in the photo, so I got in BEHIND the too-fat tree.  Typical of me, I couldn't keep my opinion to myself (thumbs down).  This is upsetting My Youngest, who is firmly in the fat tree camp, and later he will become angry about my 'freedom of expression' about the too-fat, t00-tall tree.  Oops.
It was agreed (among the men) to cut the top out of this enormously tall tree.  I think it's wasteful, but the farm owner advised this practice himself.

See movie below to find out how unruly and wrestle-y the trip actually was.  I don't know why it seems like such a wonderful insult to take someone else's shoe and throw it...

Thankfully, we were pretty much the only ones on the tree farm that day.  It was fun to be with the boys!  Boys are so roly-poly, rollicking and wild - it's fun just to watch them with their dad!  I'm grateful for my guys!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Annabelle! Thanks for your kind comments about the snowmen dish towels. I will gladly list them in my shop for $5 each, if you'd like. If you would prefer to make them yourself, that's ok with me too.

    I'd be happy if you'd like to post about them and link as well. Feel free to copy the photo.

    Let me know if you'd like me to list them for you. Otherwise, best wishes!!

    Thanks,
    Diane - LittleBirdiesNest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Annabelle. I popped over from my dear sis-n-law's blog to peak in on you. I love the tree farm experience. Tho ours was not quite as remote or as "wild"! I'm sure there are some shoes to be thrown in our future tree farm trips as our boys get older! Oh, the fun times keep rolling with boys, don't they? :) Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!