1.27.2009

Why Not Me?



This is one of my life goals. I know, this is not big or impressive...but HOW COOL WOULD THIS BE?? Once, maybe twice a year it is prime time to try to accomplish this. Chickadees, the most clever, cunning birds of all, will come to eat from your hand most readily when food is at its most scarce - in the middle of a snow/ice storm. It is maddening to try because the smart aleck, cheeky, little birds sit in bushes all around, chirping (laughing) from the trees right overhead, but never come to hand. Their call sounds like a bird belly-laugh. This photo is of My Youngest, in 2007, trying to hand-feed chickadees right after the big ice storm we had here. I had already stood there with seed in hand, until I thought I would freeze my bunoonies right off! Seeing me give up and stomp off, he thought he would give it a try. So I watched and took some photos, of course. They did not come to him either. Probably because I was standing there. Humph!

It is somewhat discouraging or encouraging, choose glass half-full or half-empty, to see how many others have accomplished this. Here's a regular mom doing it, multiple birds at this hand, and even in the summer! Winter storm warning for today - you know where I'll be.

"All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been 
tamed by man... "   James 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!