6.08.2009

Fast Friends


This is a photo of My Youngest and his friend, Mikey. It was taken at the birthday party for My Youngest. Our sons each got a surprise birthday party when they turned eight years old. He was so glad to see Mikey's face yelling, "SURPRISE"!!!  They met during a winter session of Upward Basketball. If you've never heard of Upwards, you should check it out. It's a basketball league for boys and girls that focuses on sports fun and Bible learning. We've probably been spending the first eight Saturdays of every new year in the gym for the last six years or so. I found out that I'm a yelling mom at a sporting event in which my child is participating. NO, I don't yell rude things - - - only encouragement! Really. 

These two boys struck up a friendship right away, and we've really appreciated that!  It's a blessing when your son finds a good friend. We've always prayed for each of our boys that the Lord would lead them to be and to have friends in the same spirit as David and Jonathan in the Bible. We're watching Him answer those prayers!

2 comments:

  1. I bet they had a lot of fun. It is important that children have friendships. I hope he had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to him! I too am a yelling mum at sports events - of course only in a good way. But it was when I called out to attract my elder son across the playground at collecting time one day and the entire school body plus parents turned to look with mouths open that I realised just how strong a pair of lungs I have. By way of hollering 'THANK YOU' I would now like you to make your way to my blog!
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!