10.07.2009

The Mud Cure


Hey! Did you see Monday's post on the Apple Carpet? (below) You moms had to be thinking about how dangerous that must be for the children. Were you? Did you? Well, you were right.
My Youngest took a hefty sting from a yellow jacket. He tried to be brave, but yellow jacket stings are just - OUCH! So, I made the sting cure-all --- a nice mix of mud. Seems like that wouldn't do a thing but get a boy even dirtier, and yet it works! Way back when my Ohio Sister-In-Law first came into our family, she told us older moms about this cure, and I have to admit, I politely nodded while scoffing in my heart. But you now what? Next time one of my little guys got stung (while running wild and naked around a inflatable pool), I tried the Mud Cure. The tears stopped within minutes, and the mud was easily washed off later. This many years later, I'm still faithful to the Mud Cure. It may look messy, but it works! Go ahead and scoff, but next time there's a nasty sting, make some mud and watch those tears dry up.

(I managed to get this photo because he wanted to see what his own sting, and the mud, looked like.)


7 comments:

  1. Poor guy! But I sure appreciate the tip! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... my husband loves mixing stuff up to put on stings! I'll have to tell him about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, God bless him! Good thinking, though, by mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!!!! You can't resist my old remedy can you!!! Max was attacked by a whole hive a yellow jackets and of course old mom fixed it! What would you do without me and my Ohio secrets??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old country remedies. Lucky for him you knew about this. Hope he's all better now. You truly are a Mum amongst Mud too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's awesome. I wonder if you could put some dirt in a plastic bag and store it in the first aid kid (without it getting all dried out?) and just add water when you wanted to use it. It would save a lot of time when the need arose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!