1.02.2011

24 Hours Away

We went on a 24-hour get-away affectionately entitled:
The We Survived Christmas Get-Away!
Even one short day can be magical, if you pass it in the right place --- Richwood Plantation in Milton, KY. Absolutely beautiful setting plus a great breakfast! We had the place to ourselves, too, since it was midweek and so close to a holiday.

And in the right company! Here's My Wonderful Husband in front of the ohsocozy Summer Cottage - ours for one night.
Five minutes away, just across a (scary) bridge into Indiana is Madison --- full of quaint shops and amazing places to grab a snack or meal. You know we did both! The Christmas decorations were still up - each shop had a little something special at its entrance.


Most of the homes, also, still had on their Holiday Clothes, and I did not hesitate to take photos of those, either. My favorite, just on the outskirts of town:
I really like how they put the Holy Family out there in the forefront. Yes, sharing space with snowmen, but still clearly in the place of honor.

1 comment:

  1. An after Christmas get-away sounds like a wonderful idea to me! And everything is so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!