11.25.2008

My Sitting Place

My special sitting spot.  It's called the Mother's Chair by all at our house.  I found this chair at a yardsale for $20. After trying to convince the seller, a husband (!) to take the chair back into the house, I hauled it away, knowing he would someday regret letting it go.  A wonderful friend, too creative for words, reupholstered it for me in exchange for a week of meals for her family (there are more than 7 of them).  I chose the fabric, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of it, even though it is a large floral print which is surely going to be seeming gaudy to many at some point.  I plan to have my daughters-in-law say in hushed whispers behind their hands, "Why doesn't she get rid of that chair!" But I never will! Hee-hee-hee! It has a footstool, also, the top of which comes off and reveals a wonderful storage space just right for stationary!  I like how the doily is rumply in this photo, and I wanted you to see the evening light coming in to the left.  Ahhh!  Feel the peace coming in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!