1.17.2009

Thrift Find

This is my thrift store find for Monday night. I went with two Dear Friends, and all of us spread out in different directions as soon as we got through the door. I headed toward old aprons, purses, and dishes. This little copper pan was perched there with some poor looking, plastic dishes just calling my name! I have a couple of copper things, which I love, in my kitchen already - salt and pepper shakers and some old copper canisters. So I put this in my cart and pushed it around for awhile. One of the Friends, who knows such things, told me I had a real find! She pointed out the "Made In France" imprint near the handle. Bought it for $4 and I've been looking online to find out just what it is - I think it's a Copper Rondeau Pot. Compare the photos below to the one online, and see if you don't think I got the deal of the year at the thrift shop!

My little pot only measures 7 1/2" across the top, length-wise, and 3 1/2" in height, so it's a little smaller than the ones selling online - for hundreds of dollars!

Anybody  know anything more about this? Go ahead, don't be afraid to break my bubble...

4 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about it, but it is indeed a pretty pot, and a good deal for $4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee!! I dont know anything about them but it seems like a good buy. I got a steal last week, I found a 100% cashmere sweater marked down from $180.00 to $30.00!! AND I had a gift card... it was a must have, i always wanted to own cashmere, and it's sooooooo warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about copper cookware either, but I know the substance itself is valuable - there is a reason people are always trying to steal copper wiring. I was admiring some copper cookware at Sur La Table once and it was quite pricey - all in the hundreds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I likey!!! I don't know anything about them either...wish I could help you. Thanks for stopping by my ole blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!