2.01.2009

Boomin' with Other Jesus Freaks

We went with a group of our Teen Bible Quizzers to the Winter Jam 2009 at the Cincinnati Gardens on Thursday night. 
I look forward to this concert every year! Our feet were frozen after standing in line for over an hour, but we got a 
prime spot to get in the door among the first there. We saw several bands that I really enjoy, including New Song and 
Brandon Heath, who is WAY more interesting onstage than I thought he would be. The teens did not enjoy these
as much and liked Hawk Nelson better - they do NOT like Pure NRG. My favorite, though, along 
with the rest of the over-4,000 strong crowd, was Toby Mac. We saw him at Winter 
Jam two years ago and loved the show, and this time was just as good. He wrapped up the concert by running up
into our section and singing with our kids! They were THRILLED! Someone on the floor posted this video of them on
YouTube and they know they are all internet stars now! I'm not in the video - My Dear Husband and I are in the row
just above the teens, and missed our chance to be stars! I missed the entire event! After TM left the stage, all the
other bands ran on, and I was watching them thinking, "Do we have to see all of them sing again?" I could hear TM still
singing, but looked through the crowd and couldn't find him - thought he might have gone backstage. By the time I
turned to MDH, to ask what happened to TM, I caught sight of him leaving our section...To quote Cynthia Kavanagh,
"Rats in a poke!" Highlight of the night: several teen visitors in our group gave their lives to Christ! Tony Nolan gave a 
short talk that was right-on, to-the-point, and hard-hitting. It was certainly anointed. If you would, please keep these new
brothers and sisters in prayer as they begin their walk with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!