4.13.2009

A Little Luxury - Shower Curtain

One of my favorite little luxuries - a shower curtain with suction cups:
I hate it when the cold breeze comes into the steamy warmth of the shower stall! Of course, this happens when someone comes into the room to ask a question, take a leak, brush their teeth, or retrieve an item. That just ruins the sauna-like atmosphere that I'm going for, not to mention the oh-so-valuable solitude! 

Last year I was at Kohl's with a 30% off coupon clutched in hand, when I passed by these shower curtain liners. ($14 after coupon) Plastic liners were always what I had stuck with, throwing them away when they got sufficiently mildewy. yuk. So I was in the market for something new - the package said "mildew resistant" in the strongest terms, and was a nice striped cloth that I could wash and reuse. Don't anyone say I'm not green! (BTW, they do mildew, and have to be soaked to get cured, but it's worth the effort!)

When I got it out of the package, I wondered at these suction cups - two sets on each end of the curtain. JOY! Fasten these babies at the beginning of the shower, and your steam is locked in tight. No random frigid breezes sneaking around the edges now!

It's the little things that matter. 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that looks like a good idea. I've been trying to find a way to get a little privacy in my Steam Shower. This could work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!