4.20.2009

Maybe I Laughed Too Loud...


Yes, dear ones, it's all fun and games ... until your mammo comes back "unclear". 

I went in for my first mammogram last week. Screenings of any kind freak me out as a general rule, since I've already heard the c-word once in my lifetime, and that is enough.  Sooooo, I recruited some incredible (willing) friends, and we went as aMammo Party. Yes, I took photos and we made fun of each other's gowns. The technitians were cracking up too, and we all had a good time while getting any fullness we might have had left in our breasts, completely mashed away. Lunch afterwards - a great day!

Then I got called back for a repeat. Yes, some cosmic payback for going in that somber place with a camera and laughing out loud. I didn't laugh on my second trip, and I didn't take a camera. Let's just say the second screening is VERY THOROUGH. They mashed everything, consulted the on-staff doctor, and mashed again. Yeesh! 

Result: I have to go back for further squishing in six months so they can look again at some miniscule calcium particles that have made themselves at home in my body. There was the suggestion of a biopsy, but it was only a suggestion. I bypassed that since I believe that I've had my fair share of biopsies so far

I know it's not a cosmic payback.  Our steps are ordered by God, nothing happens by accident, He has a plan. Yes, I know those things to be true and have staked my life and well-being on them. But it did feel like just a little bit of PAYBACK.

6 comments:

  1. Well, poo. I'm sorry to hear that you got a "callback" and that you still need further testing. Glad you had fun the first time around, though. God's holding you in the palm of His hands, rest assured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite quote by a staff member that giggly day, "I think HIPPA just went out the window."
    What? Has no one else taken cameras on mammo day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tucking this idea away for later.
    I'll say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog - I love know that the Lord is my strength...I'm just praying for the day my family in Michigan understands it too! I'll just keep planting & watering until then.

    I love the idea of the mammo party ~ I'm sure the technicians appreciated your spirit! Sorry you had to go through a second mashing...praying you leave it all in His hands for the next six months and that you totally rest in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris, when this day comes call someone else. I love you, but I don't think I love anyone that much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.comWednesday, April 29, 2009 at 11:19:00 AM EDT

    I need to get mine done but ah, kinda putting it off this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!