5.06.2009

Needy Blue Jay


Can you see that baby blue jay on the ladder?  He's yelling to his mama to come and get him. She wasn't brave enough to go into the greenhouse, though, so one of My Older Sons went in to bring him out....more than once that afternoon. This caused Mama Blue Jay to defend her baby by terrorizing the rest of us, specifically my Baby Boy. My Youngest was literally on the ground and under a lawn chair as she dived and screamed at us. It took a while for him to get over that. That baby jay must've had special needs, if you know what I mean - we would watch him just hop right back in to the heat of the greenhouse! In the next week or so after this, we often saw a half-grown jay sitting on a fence, near the house, seeming to look in the window. I think it was the same jay sending his thanks - his Mamma never did!

3 comments:

  1. that story is so cool! wild animals no matter what their size can be a little nerve wracking so kudos your guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very neat. We have a Robins nest in our tree and the baby birds hatched and they are so ugly they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!