6.22.2009

Antique Mall Adventures

My Handsome Husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary in Lebanon, OH!  We had a great time, and took a few photos of ourselves with Dear Husband's camera. It's an iPhone camera, but they came out pretty nicely! This is the best one I have to share with you all in the Blogdom:
After we had some benne brittle and a little overpriced, yet delicious chocolate, we browsed antique malls. It was a Tuesday, so we were virtually alone in the mazes of booths, except for some retired-age couples who were also out to see some sights.  This frightened me, but I assured myself that My Wonderful Spouse and I were not in the same "group" as them, neither of us being retired or wearing orthopedic shoes. 

Aside from kissing, which is, of course, what you must turn to when you re-discover that everything is way too expensive in antique malls, we also took some photos of interesting items for sale. 

This 'dolly' was found in the basement, in the clearance section - my favorite part of any antique mall. It was innocently placed among the owner's other items.  Yes, it was also expensive - unbelievably! The dealer should offer to pay any person who is willing to take this away, burn it and scatter its ashes.

But this is just a WHY? I did feel embarrassed for this mannequin, but couldn't resist a picture. Why the shoes and socks? Hmmm???


8 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures, especially of the two of you. We are coming up on 28 years soon, and no retirement homes for us yet either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! You commented on mt blog last month and I am sad to say that somehow I missed it. I saw it tonight and wanted to make sure I gave you a proper "thanks-for-com'n-glad-to-have-you."

    Stop by anytime, you have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok the doll and mannequin are just creepy! I can see some weirdo coming to buy them for thier "collection"

    *shudder*

    Happy Anniversary! Kiss all you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! What a blessing to share with others :O) Thank you for stopping by my blog and enjoying my very own "ruby" slippers on my dusty front porch! Please come by again sometime.

    PS the doll needs to go on to glory...truly! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Love the doll and mannequin! And you two look terrific! Not retired or orthopedic-wearing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to show that doll to my 13 year old....it will totally freak her out. :)

    Socks and shoes on an armless mannequin? I guess they are showing off it's potential as a foot model.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word......that doll is like Chucky or something!!! Scary! and that poor mannequin...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!