6.06.2009

Award

Hey!  Someone was more than generous and sent me this blog award:
That was very thoughtful, Momma D! A little positive reinforcement from a pal is always a good thing! Thanks! 

The instructions attached are to post the award, link to the person who gave it, and pass the award on to 15 other bloggers who you've newly discovered. Momma D set a bad example for me and cut her list down to 15 from 45, and I'm going to only post 10! (The garden is calling me, people!) So here is a list of bloggers that I've newly discovered, mostly through peeking at other Wordful Wednesday posts:
1.  Momma D - first among several blogs that I've been bookmarking that are by moms who have all sons - like me!  Her banner says it all:  "A blog by a stay-at-home mom of four sons about everyday life in a male dominated household."  Check out her latest post on homemade laundry detergent.
2. Girl Outnumbered - Another Mom Among Men (she took my button!), her blog is a hilarious account of her life as the only female in her home.  You can tell right away that it's going to be funny - her banner asks: "Who are all these boys? And why do they keep calling me mom?" - something I've wondered at least weekly! winkwinkwink My favorite recent post is about her family's outing to an outdoor wedding.
3. A Familiar Path - A blog by another home educating mom!  Her blog always has such lovely photographs, and she has a personal style of writing -- which I admire! Go visit Melissa and enjoy the peace on her pages.
4. Postcards from Wildwood - Janice has two teenage sons, just like me....but.... she lives on the Isle of Wight off the coast of southern England. The photographs she posts make me wish for a plane ticket! Not to mention that we share a love of seeds...
5. My Home in Wellingtown - Written by Scrappy Sue, mother of four (!) daughters!  Sue posts interesting things about Wellington, New Zealand, and give peeks of her daily life. Gets me wishing for another plane ticket!  Sue posts the most lovely photos of cupcakes--- yum.
6. Courtney and the Boys - This is one of the first blogs I found and bookmarked, returning often to see what was up at Courtney's house.  Not long ago, she began to participate in something called Vlogemotions - a video post centering on some kind of emotion. I'm fascinated by the courage it takes to sit yourself in front of a camera and not stammer!
7. Muthering Heights - It was the title that kept me coming back - that and the lovely, vintage images of flowers in the background! I really like how she speaks (writes!) about her husband and mentions Biblical submission in a positive way!
8. Shallow Thoughts from Iowa - Maria has several things on her blog that you might enjoy, too - especially if you are a birdwatcher or a quilter. I've always wanted to quilt something - - - but don't plan  to get to that until 'later' - But I can take a peek by visiting Maria's blog. Love the Mini-Almanac in the side-bar all about bird sightings in northern Iowa!
9. Brenda's Blog from Paraguay - This is one blog that I visit to watch and pray as a sister-in-Christ weathers the trial of cancer. Having experienced cancer on a much smaller scale, I feel a kinship with her that is beyond ordinary. Visit her to be encouraged AND to encourage!
10. The Vintage Moth -  Abbie posts beautiful vintage images and clipart that are free for use - no guilt! The images are so beautiful and useful for so many things - cards, notes, headers, scrapbook pages....and other things I've not even thought of!  Check it out - it's a gorgeous blog!


7 comments:

  1. hey thanks for the linky love! i think i've been given this award 3 times - i feel so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! This is my first award and it does indeed feel special! I'll have to have a good think about who to pass it on to over the next couple of days. I'm also going to have a look at the others you've listed here - you've given us all such a good write-up and now I want to know more!
    Thank you so much,
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annabelle!

    I love new readers, and I'm so glad you found me! How did you find me, by the way???

    And thanks for your kind comments and your bookmarking me!

    I'll be reading your blog on a regular basis too, and bookmarking ya!

    Come on back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, thanks, friend. :) I'm so honored. I've not been blogging much lately, but I'm sure I'll return soon. So much going on...so little time. Must set my priorities...

    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the award, I'll be sure to post it later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post and the lovely words about my blog! Hope you continue to enjoy the adventures of the Boyz & I!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!