6.01.2009

A Mammoth Beauty

This is probably the best flower photo in our whole cache. Out of ALL the flower photos, and there are a blue bazillion, this is the one My Handsome Husband took.  sigh I'm completely jealous! If you can, click on it to make it really big. Hidden in the petals and head of this Mammoth Sunflower are wee-tiny insects and water droplets!  It makes a fun "finding" game for the little guys.  I always have trouble growing the sunflowers - - - a flower that every grade-schooler plants with success. Even if I get them to a plantable height in the greenhouse, the hateful rabbits come along and lop them off after they are settled in the big garden.  Does anyone else out there sympathize with Mr. McGregor?

This one, out of the dozen planted last year,  just happened to make it! I've got a bunch more planted out there for this season, but no luck yet!

3 comments:

  1. hopefully you'll get some! i have an award for you on my blog...

    http://tinyurl.com/olbamdatb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. That IS a great photo! I didn't see the bugs until I enlarged it.
    P.S. Thanks for the Hallmark card comment. :) Maybe they'll hire me one day when I'm retired from my SAHM job. Ha! I'll be all old and used up by then.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!