6.24.2009

Mom Among Men - Twine Pot



In dealing with my men, I am most often perplexed, but I have learned that I have to (respectfully) voice  my needs/wishes/requests, even though they seem to be as plain as the nose on your mamma's face. Men truly don't read minds. 

Case in point: It seems to me that angry body language, including plenty of huffing and puffing, should indicate to them that I HATE IT when they lose my garden twine after having "borrowed it" for "just one thing". But that doesn't ever work. My men don't seem to pick up on angry gestures OR lend them any appropriate attention, even if they do notice my ridiculous behavior. 

"Please - Don't take the twine out of the greenhouse!"  
After 15 years of use in this greenhouse, for the first time, I am successful at keeping my twine at hand.  My Sons frequently have an urgent need for string. Anybody's string. My string, of course, since they've lost whatever string they did have which met their last urgent need to tie something up, together, or down. Somehow, the desperate act of writing my request on the twine pot seems to have worked! Respectful and self-repeating! Maybe I'm on to something...

For more photos and lots of words, go visit Angie for Wordful Wednesday!

12 comments:

  1. YOU are VERY wise...the guys do NOT read minds despite how hard we like to think THEY DO! I have reduced myself to putting masking tape on food items as my GROWING and EATING boys consume things I need for recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I so identify with this, and also Jill's comment above. Re food - I used to be able to cook double and save some for another day. Not any more - it disappears in snacks! Re things like twine, stationery, etc - I buy them all they need but I have no idea what they do with it - lose it? have it in a safe place in their rooms? swap it for sweets at school? Who knows! Well done for your 'twine' success! Hope it continues.
    Janice.
    PS Assuming mixed media project goes to plan I'll post more pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for finding me in the blog world! Oh my...this post made me laugh! Men do not and never will read minds! This is so true! ha-ha! I leave notes on things too, because men don't remember what you say either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a smart woman! I had to finally put a sign up for how I wanted laundry to be done (or if I got my way not done) by my husband.

    Signs work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I agree with everyone, you are a very smart woman to put a sign on it.

    I am wondering if I did that with the dishes my husband would do them? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very wise indeed! No need for angry words or explanation....read the pot! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome. I always love reading your blog to see what I have in store in a few years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very smart and ingenious.

    Happy belated wedding anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, men are basically clueless, don'tcha think? I love your new storage facility for the twine, though. But can your men-folk read?

    ReplyDelete
  10. They CAN read - I saw to that personally...But WILL they read...???

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea!! Very cute and to the point!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!