8.02.2009

Little Boy Faces


What a cute little kid! It's My First Son on the front porch at our house. Judging from the mums, it's fall and he's probably going to turn 4 very soon. My Oldest is not a big smiler. He's more of a grinner, if you know what I mean - teeth are not usually included in his photos. But he does look especially happy in this - it's one of the family favorites.
When my boys were little, I felt a little bit intimidated by big, teenage, almost-men whenever confronted by them. Now I know that I was just fearful of the unfamiliar, as would be natural when encountering a previously unseen species of cat, or dog ... or ape ... It's new! It's different! What does it want? 
What's it going to DO??? 
How silly of me!  Those were just some other mom's little boys, helplessly grown much taller than expected. So now, when I meet nearly-grown males in the grocery, at church, at the movies, I peer into their faces and try to discern what they looked like when they were little, tiny hand-holders.  It's a fun game that also tends to freak them out just a little, and I find that greatly entertaining.

Try it with this recent photo of My Oldest - do you see the little boy in this big young man?

Just a few thoughts from a ...

7 comments:

  1. i see it!

    i often find myself wondering what my little ones will look like when they're not so little. when my boys tower over me and my daughter can wear my shoes. it seems a long way off, but i know it will feel like just a moment has passed when i get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! He looks the same in so many ways! I love it~

    Are you in the part of Kentucky getting all the rain and flooding today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the same dimples and the "grin" still reaches right up to his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he does look the same. What a handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. where can I get some of his hair? seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see it...and oddly I wonder how my kids will be as teens too..tall much bigger than me...yes I wonder and I do also look at very grown folks and try to see them as when they were innnocent kids...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I do see him! He hasn't changed so very much. They're both beautiful photos.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!