9.16.2009

Freaky Finds

Antique junk stores - one of my favorite pastimes! I got to visit this one with all my Men while on the trip to Lake Cumberland this past July. Can you believe that? I know, that's unlikely, isn't it - but this junk store sold ice cream, too! Yes, that's why - have men, follow stomachs! While in the store, I couldn't resist taking photos of these...... oddities :

A creepily-fake Grammy greeted us as we entered. The glasses were glued on - I checked.
More fun things on the porch - somebody left the baby in the washtub ... before its bath, I think!
Nearly life-sized carved totems guard the way to the parking lot. My Middle Son had to rub their noses he passed them by.
For more Wordful Wednesday photos, go to Angie's Seven Clown Circus!

11 comments:

  1. Really great photos of truly unique content - I've never seen anything like that creepy grandma and the totems are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun place to visit. And great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gramma Creepy is indeed creepy! Knocking around in antique shops is one of my favorite past-times! Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes Seriously Creepy! And thanks for leaving a comment on our blog.

    Sherean- www.randomneuralfirings.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool pics! I like "junk" stores too. Thanks for visiting my blog today!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that would be so much fun! I love stuff like that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a bunch of very interesting stuff! Sometimes I wonder who they think is going to buy all that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!