9.02.2009

Peach Stand

My sons don't like to stop anywhere along the way to a destination. Typical, yes? So when we were on our way to the lake, I whispered to My Dear Husband as soon as I saw the signs for this peach stand: "Pull over at this stand, but don't warn the boys..." He knows how it is, so he just quickly pulled off, and the groaning was minimal since we hopped out and left them all behind to wait in the car. People who are intent on fishing, boating and floating have no interest in roadside fruit stands.

We asked for the best peaches for eating. The woman minding the store said that the peaches she sold were so good that "your tongue will slap your brain silly!" What more could anyone want???
Washing the fuzz off the peach before getting my brain slapped ---
(accompanied by more groans from the male-type-people, firmly ignored by peach eating parents...)

For more Wordful Wednesday photos, go to Angie's Seven Clown Circus!

10 comments:

  1. My hubby would go nuts over brain slapping peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to stop for peaches! Great pictures:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stopping at fruit stands, but boys are not always so willing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH man I do LOVE a good peach. I love the ladies description - hee hee! So, was it all she had described?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tongue will slap your brain silly!? That's hysterical!!!!!
    Great decision to stop and get some road-side peaches~~~no matter what ypour boys thought! Huummpphhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and... AND .... i was dying to hear if slapping occured!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure I want my brain slapped by my tongue...! That's a lovely picture of you.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!