11.03.2009

THE Fall Day

We had the nicest weather this past Friday. It was The Fall Day - the one when you know that it's probably the last day for beautiful leaves on the trees, the last day you could possibly go barefoot, right? I made it outside for a little while to take some photos and even shot a short video of the wind blowing the leaves away.
The Japanese maple through the sweet gum tree with a yellow maple in the foreground -
Sweet gum prickly balls (that's what we call them) with the banner grass in the background - thanks, Tammy, for that grass!
Sweet gum leaves close-up. Just like stained glass!
[BTW, all the swine flu seems to be gone from our house, and no one else has come down with it --- so far!]

4 comments:

  1. Love the fall photos!

    And I'm SO glad the bug has left your house...I think it's heading my way though! : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours! My blogfriend Dan made me a box from sweet gum and I had never heard of it before. He told me about the prickly balls - said they're not good to stand on barefoot - so I hope you didn't! It's Tuesday late afternoon your time as I write this so I hope you have had good news and a clean bill of health. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!