12.01.2009

How The Light Falls

I like how the light falls in this part of my house in the morning.
Almost all these things have memories attached to them, or reasons for being. Stacks of old books - we home educate after all, so what else? The cabinet was bought with friends in a little old town from one of the cutest antique junk places I've ever been in. I crackled it - the first thing I've ever finished with crackle paint. It didn't turn out as subtle as I wanted it to, but it will have to stay like that, at least until spring. I like to remember that trip when I walk by. The dove candle rest and the glass cloche were found on a birthday outing - I love the cloche especially! Inside it is a small Baby's Tears plant found on an couple's outing with other dear friends - one of them from Babylon (hahahahaha). It's dying inside there, of course, since I kill all houseplants eventually. That's why it's crying? The picture book is called A Book of Narnians, illustrated by C. S. Lewis, which is accruing overdue fines, since I can't give it up yet. Yes, I'm a public library abuser, currently refusing treatment of any kind. It is probably my fault that the book you've been waiting for is no back yet. Narnia stories make me choke up and cry every time. Good thing it's on audiobook, so I can cry while driving - not facing My Youngest who is traumatized by my tears. Analyze that --- no don't. The cream colored canister actually says "Flour" on it, but holds napkins, which I think is a funny joke. Nobody else does though, so it gets turned to the blank side mostly.
The morning light shines on reminders of happy times - what a blessing!

4 comments:

  1. We homeschoolers do have more books than you can shake a stick at, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the light is lovely. I love houses where things on display or just 'there' have been collected over time, and each has a story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both, the friend from Babylon and I would have killed said plant so you are in good company! It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!