3.11.2010

Shoe Poo

So, I've finally been lured out to the gardens to see what is coming back to life out there. Recently, my mother-in-law and I 'toured' her gardens to peer at the ground in hopeful expectation - it was fun!

But there are sometimes prices to pay for pleasure, as we all know. This one really stunk - somewhere along the way, my leather slide had gained a fresh clump of shoe poo. Just one shoe, but My Youngest and I knew it was there without a doubt as soon as the car's (our nice car - the one my husband drives...) heating system started blowing the floor air up into our faces. Yeesh! It was awful. We were desperate to make it stop!

And so. I needed gas to get to the high school to pick up my big boys. This little squeegie station has all the paper towels you can use. All you need to wipe shoe poo off your favorite leather shoes. But as it turned out, those towels do not get the poo out of the cracks... I really did try to make the towels work.
I felt a collective imaginary gasp from the men in my life, past and present, as I considered the squeegee in its well. Should I pollute the windshield washing fluid with dog poo just to get my shoe clean and odor free? What would you have done???

As it turned out, this is the PERFECT tool for cleaning dog poo from shoe cracks! Especially that sharpish rubber side. Thankfully, no men, no one was around, and I could clean my shoe without much fear of reprimand. I was afraid that the store clerk might run out and chastise me in horrified tones for contaminating the sacred squeegee, but I drove away in peace --- and smelling like cleaner, not poo.

Sure do hope it wasn't your husband who tried to use that exact squeegee station after I drove away! I'm hoping the poo had enough time to settle to the bottom of the well. Although I've noticed that men usually swish the poo-cleaning-tool around right before they mistakenly use it as a squeegee...
Maybe he should smell it first?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word....this post has me laughing out loud! Too funny! And for the record, I would have done the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!