3.23.2010

The Willow's Pearls

" The Willow Has Put On Her Pearls "
In early spring, the willows are the first trees to show their leaves, I believe. They catch my eye on every drive! Tiny, bright leaves on long, thin branches - it looks like every willow has put on lovely green pearls just in time to step into the spring celebration.

The willow in our front yard was intended to be a surprise anniversary/birthday gift for My Wonderful Husband in 1998. But instead, it turned out to be a memorial tree for our child lost to miscarriage. When I walk under its graceful branches, I think of that Dear One waiting for us in heaven and thank God. We'll meet her (?) one day, Over There - will she be wearing pearls?


3 comments:

  1. I've always loved willow trees. Now when I see one wearing their lovely green pearls, I'll think of your little girl(?). Maybe I'll get to meet her Over There.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to sit and think about your little one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!