8.29.2012

Undignified


Would you have done it? 
Would you have climbed a tree to get a better view of Jesus?
You have to admire the pluck of Zacheeus. 
Not too many short guys would get off the ground wearing a skirt, right? 
How deep could his dignity have been to pull a stunt like that? 
You know  people were watching, snickering probably, maybe even pointing.
But he didn't care!
His heart's response to the tug of the Spirit was greater than whatever pride he carried around.
He climbed a sycamore tree to lay his own eyes on the One who was rumored to be the Messiah.
Will you be encouraged, as I am, by this example of undignified response?
Let's not hesitate when He is passing by! 
Let's leave our dignity behind and not care who might snicker! 
And let's reap great rewards!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Sue! I, for one, often worry too much about what someone might think if I get too wrapped up in "spiritual things". I should worry more about what He'll think.

    I love this line - "His heart's response to the tug of the Spirit was greater than whatever pride he carried around."
    I'm going to work on making sure it applies to me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!