12.19.2012

Merry Mary

My December eyes need a quiet place to rest sometimes - do yours?
Some spot that is unadorned with red trim, green glitter or sparkling bows.
There might be a little too much MERRY around here ...
 and not enough MARY.
"And Mary said, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord:
let it be to me according to your word." Luke 1:38
She gave up every plan she had up to that point in her life
and embraced the plan of the Lord instead.
Later, her cousin Elizabeth said of her "... blessed is she who believed that there
would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord." v. 45

There's enough of MARY to ponder for the whole Christmas season. 
So pardon me while I turn my eyes back outside, for a little while each day, at least,
 in search of some  plain things.
Somewhere to rest my gaze while I examine my heart and ask the Lord to 
make it more MARY than MERRY this season.


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!