4.29.2013

Resolute Beauty


Spring blooms tend to be wispy and crushable, even frail - or is it just me? 
Tender squill and delicate crocus don't lend themselves to vases in my experience.
Sturdier spring blooms like tulips and daffodils, I find to be unpredictable entirely.
An entire stand of red tulips just disappeared - poof! - from my garden this year.
Crocus and grape hyacinth come up, willy-nilly, anywhere they please.
I love the spring flowers, who couldn't, but they are a gypsy, flyaway bunch.


But not these! 
Lily of the Valley grow along the patio just off our bedroom, and a more resilient, resolute spring plant I've yet to meet. No fear that they're not going to appear. Like clockwork they shoot up, and always multiply, providing plenty for sharing. Lily of the Valley take up a corner and fill it with fragrance and miniature beauty. 
And they make the sweetest bouquets.

*****





He's the "Lily of the Valley," the Bright and Morning Star;
He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.

The "Lily of the Valley," in Him alone I see,—
All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole:


Linking with Miscellany Monday and Mom Mondays.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!