9.05.2013

Slacker


* "Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.' "
I'm totally in with this verse - you probably are too, right? Who wouldn't like to see some of their personal 'bad guys' get a nice drippy dose of divine comeuppance? I know I would try to get a front row seat to that show! I might have to throw a few elbows, since we'd probably all be vying for the same plum position, but I'm up for that.


Now, of course, I know this verse, however, I don't remember it being paired with the no vengeance for you verse. It's a much bigger task to not only LEAVE IT TO GOD, but to set out to INTENTIONALLY BLESS the bad guy!


"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
And lastly, another verse often quoted in isolation, which truly summarizes the previous pair. This plan of the Lord's will require some serious pondering, for I have fallen far short of spending time blessing my enemy. It's much easier and far more rewarding to do good for those I love, to bless those who might bless me back, to go the extra mile for people who seem to 'deserve' it.
I've been a slacker, then. Lazing around on the JV, enjoying easy, sweat-free workouts. 
Hanging with Leslie Sansone instead of Billy Blanks.


also these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!