9.23.2015

Verse and Vacation

*
What do you think of this verse from my morning reading? 
It jumped out and grabbed my shirt collar. 

"Now unto the King 
eternal, 
immortal, 
invisible, 
the only wise God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. 
Amen."

Join me--let this bang around in your head today. 
It might make its way twelve inches south and have real 
impact when it lodges in our hearts. 
I'm asking for that.

Eternal ... immortal ... invisible
Opportunity for extra pondering here.

-------------------------

Side Notes:
* This photo from a recent family trip to Williamsburg, VA, was taken from the steps of the oldest building on the campus of William & Mary College, the Wren Building, 1695. (1695!!!) 

** Family vacations still belong to our original five: my husband, myself, and our three mostly-grown, unmarried sons. To our yearly surprise, they look forward to this tradition. Lots of quality free food may be a contributing factor. Vacationing with these adult-ish versions of the children we raised, sharing memories and making new ones, is an unexpected and cherished blessing. 

When we go on vacation, dreams are spun. The unusual conversational freedom is an absolute highlight for me, and this trip was no exception. Miles flew by as we hashed out plans for an entrepreneurial adventure inspired by an expressway billboard. The structure of a niche business was built over a plate of chili cheese fries. In addition to frisbees on the beach, plots were tossed to attend William & Mary, get coordinating degrees, and relocate to lovely Virginia. 

*** I keep a brief record of what happens on each day of vacation, including the funny quotes, favorite meals, and activities. Over breakfast or in the car on the way to the next stop, I scribble short notes in a cheap notebook, asking the group for contributions. Sometime soon, I'll show you how to use what you bring home to make a super-shortcut memory book.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and what fun to make a memory book from it. Thank you for the verse - "the only wise God". Praying that wisdom inhabits hearts and minds this upcoming week for a situation an extended family member is facing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!