12.08.2015

Natural Sparkle


When I was a kid, my grandmother let my brothers and I throw 
great, globby handfuls of icicles on her tree. 
We thought that's how you should put icicles on a Christmas tree. 
How patient she was to let us take part in such an imperfect way!

Later I learned other methods, including the meticulous strand-by-strand approach
 to decorating a tree with icicle tinsel.

And then, there's the frozen fog way to trim a branch with sparkling shine. 

This weekend, my whole backyard was decorated in frost crystals, 
every edge gleaming with natural glitz.

Such beautiful holiday decor, and it all melted away, leaving nothing to sweep up.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Susan Simpson. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post.I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ and following Him on the twists and turns of life's path. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and love to get connected with the people of God around the wold to be strengthen, encouraged and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your teen aged sons to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is : dhwankhedeat)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. Wish you a very joyous Christmas season and a very bright, prosperous and Christ centered New year. God's richest blessings on you, your family and frienfds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!